Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Just Sharing Some Goals

Happy New Year's Eve Eve! ;)

It's currently snowing, and well below freezing, as I'm sipping my coffee and hanging with my almost 5 year old. There's too much to do inside my house (aka post Christmas clean-up) that I am purposely pretending isn't there.

There's a good foot of snow on the ground, a balmy -4 or 14 degrees (depending on which thermometer I look at), and all this makes me want to procrastinate even more.

Which is bad.

So to counteract my slothful state I'm going to type up my 2015 goals. Hopefully when I'm done I'll have some more motivation to, you know, vacuum and such...

1. Blog 3 times per week (since I've been absent doing this for several weeks and I've missed it!).

2. Get this house painted inside and out in entirety by this summer.

3. Make chore cards or chart for the almost 5 year old. I really like this one!

4. Get out of bed  before the almost 5 year old (she's an early bird, I love sleeping, and our house isn't very sound proof so this could be very interesting...).

5. Sit down with the husband and figure out a better budgeting system. We already are "good" with money, but we tend to give ourselves too much slack overall and we need to keep ourselves more disciplined. Specifically start doing the cash budget envelope system from Dave Ramsey. I also want to increase our giving and our saving to a larger and more set amount.

6. Exercise 3-4 times per week. I know, everyone has this goal and it's not very exciting and easily the hardest one to stick to. In 2014 though I started exercising more and got a FREE treadmill given to us, so I really have no excuse to not do it. Plus I tend to have old lady joint problems when I am a sloth... Not cool when you're only 28.

7. NOT get behind on my Bible reading plan anymore. My friend I'm doing this with is probably laughing her butt off right now as to how impossible this is going to be to pull off. It is a goal though- something to shoot for! We're already past the halfway point and once we get past some of the harder-to-read prophets it should be smooth sailing! There's my pep talk, we'll see what happens.

8. Drink water. Again, the healthy goals always kind of get an eye-roll since they're so common and fail all the time. Really though, I go DAYS without drinking water so that's not cool. I tend to drink lots of coffee, tea, juice, etc. At least it keeps me alive!

9. Make our wills. This isn't so much a goal as just something that NEEDS DONE BADLY!

10. Keep this house decluttered. I am going to do this by making sure we don't have unnecessary duplicates, and if we don't love something it needs to go!

11. Implement date nights with the husband.

12. Spend a minimum of 15 minutes one-on-one with each daughter every day doing whatever they choose.

13. Read 12 non-fiction books from start to finish throughout the year, maybe even more! Non-fiction is always so much harder for me to read so this will be a challenge.

14. Follow this house cleaning chart each day.

15. Consistently look for ways to bless others throughout the year, specifically ones that are outside my comfort zone. Visit the elderly in nursing homes, pray for others on the spot, etc. Just typing that up makes me nervous!

Let's see how this goes 2015. Feel free to share some of YOUR goals and we can all hold each other accountable. ;)

Happy New Year all! May it be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment